Here’s how to get healthier hair - everyday habits that are good for your hair
It is your everyday habits that impact your life without you even realizing. Things that you do on autopilot can hugely affect all aspects of your life and, believe it or not, that includes your hair. In order to get healthier hair and avoid some everyday mistakes that damage your hair, you need to change your habits. So, if you’re tired of damaged, frizzy hair, it’s time to develop new habits that are good for your hair and that will give your hair the shine it deserves. We’re about to tell you a little about these healthy habits that will change and revive your hair. Continue reading to learn about these small things that make big changes.
Silk is your hair’s best friend
In recent years, we’ve heard one tip for healthy hair time and time again. We’re talking about the well-known tip that you should sleep on a silk pillowcase. Why? Because silk is much gentler on the hair (and skin!) than cotton, for example. That means that your hair won’t get damaged or tangled during the night. Silk is a fantastic material that both the hair and the skin are grateful for. It is super gentle to the hair, so you will notice that your hair feels much softer and smoother if you exchange your cotton pillowcase for a silk one. This is a simple, yet effective way to get sleek hair.
If you want to get strong and healthy hair, you can go one step further. Instead of tying your hair with your regular hair tie that damages your hair, there is a much better solution. Try using silk scrunchies, and you’re guaranteed to see a difference. These scrunchies don’t leave marks, and they don’t break your hair. Besides, they look much more luxurious. If you’re wondering which hair ties are best for the hair, choose silk and your hair will thank you.
Healthy hair is moisturized hair
The biggest secret behind long, healthy hair is moisturizing. When your hair is dry, it looks dull and frizzy. The reason is that your hair craves moisture, just like your skin. In case you’re using products that dry out the hair and don’t nourish it, your hair will be weak and lifeless. So, what can you do to avoid that and get healthy hair instead?
- First and foremost, you can choose non-drying products, starting with your shampoo and conditioner. Our Detox Kit is a good example of products that don’t dry out the hair and that are actually good for the hair. Other than that, our Organic Conditioner is specifically made for taking care of dry ends and making the hair feel soft and luscious. And a moisturizing conditioner is a must if you want healthy hair! If you have an issue with dry hair, and you need a product that will nourish it, our conditioner is something you have to try.
- A great tip for everyone who wants to give the hair extra moisture and get healthier hair is to start using a hydrating hair mask. Let it sit for 10-20 minutes, and you’ll fall in love with how your hair feels afterwards. If you want to save some money, you can even use our Organic Conditioner as a hair mask and leave it on for 10-20 minutes. The hair is unbelievably soft afterwards!
- Once you’ve washed the hair with nourishing products, there’s one more step that can help you get soft and shiny hair. Complete your routine with nourishing styling products like hair oil, hair cream or something similar. These products can revive and protect your dry ends and help you get shiny hair. Choose products with good ingredients that really go into the hairs and moisturize the hair, instead of products with silicons that only make the hair look smoother.
Are you brushing your hair correctly?
You probably brush your hair every day without even giving it a second thought. But did you know that you can damage your hair if you don’t brush it correctly? That’s exactly why we have a few tips that will help you brush your hair and get rid of knots without breaking your hair.
These are some good hair habits that you should test out if you’re longing for good-quality hair>
- Use a gentle brush that detangles the hair without breaking it.
- Avoid brushing wet hair. Dry hair is much stronger, while wet hair breaks much easier.
- Start at the ends and work your way up. Take your time, don’t rush it.
- Be careful with knots, take it easy and have patience - be gentle with your hair.
Your diet affects your hair
Beauty comes from within, right? It’s not just better haircare that gives you healthier hair. Among other things, what you eat and drink is reflected in your skin and hair. Your diet is very important and it affects many aspects of your life and appearance. So, one of our tips for naturally getting healthy hair is to eat enough vitamins and nourish your body. Besides that, you need to hydrate your body inside out, so drink a lot of water during the day - you’re guaranteed to see a big difference in your skin and hair.
Your styling tools are damaging the hair
In order to feel our best, we want our hair to be perfectly styled and look as if we just left the salon. Unfortunately, that often means that heat style the hair in order to get the wanted result. The problem is that styling tools such as hair straighteners and hair curlers can cause a lot of damage and breakage to the hair. That’s why it’s not the best idea to use these tools too often.
Try to only use heat styling tools for special occasions. If you really need to heat style the hair, don’t forget to protect the hair with a good heat protectant. That’s a good way to avoid split ends. So, to get healthy and sleek hair, avoid heat styling and protect the hair from heat.
Small everyday habits lead to long, healthy hair
So, if you’re wondering how you can get healthier hair, the answer is simple - by taking care of your hair every day and developing habits that are good for your hair. These simple things will make a world of difference in your hair, so it’s definitely worth a try. If you have any other tips for getting healthier hair, we’re listening!